Thursday, February 3, 2011

More drawings I found!

Hey!

Just found some pictures I took of some drawings/character concepts I did.



This is a statue at the Detroit Institute of Arts.  Every Friday is art night (what?) where they set out big drawing horses to sit on in front of works of art and you can sketch away!  They give you pencils and paper and if you ask nicely, an eraser.  I don't remember what this statue was called, but I did this in just a few minutes since I didn't want to keep girlfriend waiting while I sketched.  The big rabbit ear looking thing I think was a feather hanging out of her head dress.  Also, boobs.



 This is a pose I did for an animated short I'm doing by myself called "La Pistola".  In case you couldn't tell, it's a western flick.  Here's the badguy, nicknamed "Badguy", shooting at the main character.  It was supposed to be right out of a duel, which is why he's standing so still like that.  I wonder if I put on red and blue 3D glasses, if my mind would explode or not.


 This is a squirrel I drew while my friend Angel Onofre and I were animating a cut-out movie called "Flesh-Bot".  The robot is somewhere in a park, and we needed a segue into the scene, so I made this little fella to scamper across the open field he was in.  I think I'll name him Squiggles or Dominator or something like that.

This is a robot I did, he's supposed to be kind of gorilla inspired.  I really liked the way he turned out, except his legs.  I'm not sure if I'd do them the same way if I drew him again, but for now they're alright.  I like the little brain in the glass dome, and the big silly arms especially.



That's all for now (, folks! [hyuk]).  Since I'm actually uploading on a consistent basis, I'd like to try and keep this up with at least 3 or 4 drawings uploaded a day.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment